Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Random N'at

Things feel all discombobulated right now.  I'm really proud that I spelled that word correctly just now.  I have two weeks to go at work, and things will most likely be highly stressful in my final days.  Crunch time, I guess.  So, I fight exhaustion tonight after a nap that made me more tired and Chinese food that told me "this isn't a good idea" on bite number 3. 

Our router is fixed, hallelujah.  It's a tad faster now, so maybe blogging will be a tad easier.  I have a warm puppy next to me and I don't have to work until 11AM tomorrow.  A blessing and a curse on an always hectic Friday.  We'll see what happens. One thing I know for sure is that tomorrow I will be in this same bed, with a laptop on my lap, drinking the beer that has been on my nightstand for the last couple of days (or weeks, but its cold down here), while taking advantage of Pinterest.  That thought will be my driving force for tomorrow.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................



I'm very excited lately because big changes are brewin.  Of course, there's the job sitch, which means that I can go to movies on Tuesday afternoons, start cooking dinner around four o clock, exercise again, and have general peace of mind. 

But, bigger changes are a comin too.  Kevin will be travelling to Seattle either this month or next to take a state test for a potential job and I'll have my new license soon.  As soon as I mail the application.  So, I think we'll be out in the next month or so.  And, that my dears, is a dream come true. 

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

Maggie is adjusting and finding her own groove here.  She is a very vocal dog, a very very vocal dog.  She likes socks and dumping the entire bowl of water on the floor, leaving the other dogs baffled at this behavior and thirsty.  But, she is a lover at heart and it is awfully nice to have a dog lick your face once and a while. 

But, she is growing fast and it is entirely different this time around in puppyville.  Sometimes she comes to work with me and plays with her buddy, Ruby.  It provides a much needed release to have her there at work. 




And, I'm not going to be that kind of person who gushes about her dog everyday.  This is not a mother f'in mommy blog, not now, not never.  So, I'll stop now. 


But, here you go, and you're welcome very much.







.................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm pretty sure Lilly despises the puppy.  

They play and get along and managed to stay in the kennel all day without killing one another. 

Still, the presence of a new puppy reminds me of the calmness of the black one and how her old soul style soothes my soul.  She understands what we're doing here and what we're going to do next.





I enjoy our walks.  No music, no time table, no expectations.  Just her and I. The trees here are confused with a bout of warm weather. We have random sightings of cherry blossoms, and here I am, knowing that we will not see them bloom again.  Maybe it's a sign, maybe its a reassurance. 

We won't talk about things that we will miss about PA right now, or that this is the last time we will do such and such here.  I have to remember how hard it is to move to a new state, a new culture, a new life.  And, I have to use my experiences to guide the ones I love. 

Still, I'll miss this.



........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Just because there are things to box up and decisions to be made doesn't mean that the holidays are put on hold here. 

We had our 1st Thanksgiving just the two of us last week.  And, it was fabulous.





This will always be the Thanksgiving when I discovered Pumpkin Gooey Butter cake.  No, we don't have a picture.  It's gone. 


And, the tree is up, the stockings are hung.



.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................


My fortune, from the good Chinese place last week:



...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like something good that you can't have just one of. Yeah, I'll go with that.