Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

What I Love Right Now Post

Oh what a glorious day.  Nothing happened, but sometimes the most glorious days come out of nothingness.  And so, I'm going to speed blog about the glory. 

How wonderful it is to come home after work, with energy. So wonderfully energetic that I decided to plant a little bit more. 


Nasturtiums and mixed lettuce.  Because I dream of orange flowers and lettuce which I will hide from bunnies.


Okay. I'm going to stop before I begin because the dog is literally six inches away from me, gnawing on her foot, making the most disgusting noises.  Gross.


Anyways, orange flower dreams. 



I love how beautiful shells from the West Coast look in an East Coast garden. 


I love coming home from work and throwing off my scrubs, my socks, and my nurses shoes.  I love putting on whatever I can grab and hopping outside with bare feet.  My toes do a little dance when they hit the cool grass.  It is marvelous. 

There is something really great about my backyard.  And it's going to get greater. 



I love how I took this picture on my back, in my backyard.  That's right people, on my back.  Don't think I'm crazy.  I just have moments of eccentricity (holy shit, that's actually a word) nowadays.  You all should take it while it's available.  




I love how dogs chew on whatever they can find--sticks, left over hay, garden support systems, while I'm not paying attention.  Actually, I hate it. 


I love how yellow tulips look against exposed light switches.  But, part of me still thinks that these tulips look weird.  Like, they shouldn't be yellow because isn't that already covered by daffodils this time of the year? It's like they had an affair with daffodils.  I was going to say sex, and I just did, but decided to be classier.


I love how the progress is going with the inside plants. I love how it looks like I'm growing something I shouldn't too.




I love how a walk with the dog feels more stylish with a very pink scarf around your neck.

And I love how Theresa accompanied me on my walk today.  And how she's probably reading this now!  Woo....I have three readers now. (K, I don't count you.  You're a lazy fan). 



The foot sucking has stopped.  We are lady-like now.


What do you love right now?

1 comment:

  1. Ok let me try this again. I love the rainbow that surrounds you right after a good storm. You know the one that makes you forget about all of the bad things the storm has affected. Whether it be the outter shell of your safe haven or the more delicate layer of your soul. I am blessed to have my rainbow called Catherine.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like something good that you can't have just one of. Yeah, I'll go with that.