Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Mental health day

I'm freakin writing this from my phone. My husband is watching the most important hockey game of all time an I thought I'd go ahead and blog. But our router is dead on arrival and I'm not wanting to sit here and watch the greatest sports moment in the entire universe. So, I write from my phone. From an app that doesn't let you type when you turn your phone on its side.

My thumbs are already starting to hurt.



I don't know how to put pictures on this app so picture some blue sky with a couple of clouds in it. On Friday, I called off of work because I needed a break. I needed a day to recoup and to gain some clarity. I've decided. (well I guess it's we now isn't it) that I need to look for a different job. Like, in Washington. So last week I put in a 30 day notice and on Friday I took a much needed day off to rejoice in my (our) decision.

I'm just not feeling like myself lately. And I think that's because my life is being consumed by a job that sucks the life out of me and a boss who doesn't stop. God damnit this hurts. How to teenagers do this all day? I'll switch to fore fingers.

Now, I know that it's kind of risky. It's also kind of stupid. It's a job and it's a paycheck, but it's causing me to perpetually grind my teeth and be a crabby bitch all day. I don't want that. I want to be able to live better, and to me that doesn't rely on more money. It's all about flexibility in my schedule and maybe a less demanding role right now.

I'm happy with the decision. It'll launch us closer to moving to Seattle

Picture some kind of flower that's a metaphors for rebirth.



I kind of think I'll be as happy as K is tonight with this game.


If that's possible.


I hope we fix this router soon.

1 comment:

  1. I hearby hire you as my personal chef and therapist. There. Does that mean you'll be showing up for good on my doorstep this weekend? One could only hope

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like something good that you can't have just one of. Yeah, I'll go with that.