Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Last night in Singleville

Its 11 pm and I sit in the living room, the lights out, a fan running in the background, 5 hours away from going to the airport.  Tomorrow, I'll be in Seattle and nothing will feel as it ever did before.  I know that the crisp air is waiting for me, that the mountain will shine in all its glory, and that I will be stepping into the most surreal 3 weeks of my life. Right now, all I can do is wait. 

K got me a town car to come pick me up at 4 in the morning.  It is a special gesture, one that was given 3000 miles away and 3 hours earlier than my hour.  He sleeps in Seattle tonight while I am awake in Pennsylvania.  How odd and how fitting in a way. 

We have been apart for a week so that he could take his car to the West Coast and I could finish things up at work.  His week has flown, as have the miles that he put behind him.  Mine has dragged on in stagnicity.  All the while I am reminded of how things be and how difficult the first year of our relationship was. 

How different everything is now. 

So, I made the most of the week by embracing my single status.  I rented girly movies and exercised longer with the dog.  I cooked and drank wine.  I ate chocolate mousse out of a martini glass.  I relished in bubble baths with lavender soap and played Ingrid Michaelson when I woke up in the morning.  I even went tanning because that seemed like the right thing to do before you get married. 

But, it was terribly lonely and now I have a sunburn that will remind me of my single week throughout my flight to Seattle tomorrow. 


I will be a married woman next time I write in this little world.  When I return, it will be the holiday season and leaves will be mostly on the ground rather than on branches.  My head and heart will be filled with new sights and sounds and I'll be a better person because of it all. 

Next time, I will be a little bit different, but that's a good thing. 


In the meantime, I will wait for my town car.  Which I think is very Carrie-goes-to-Paris-esque.  Except rather than pink luggage and hat boxes, I will carry with me a wedding dress and a REI backpack.  Instead of a gold Carrie necklace, I will wear my silver heart necklace that he gave me on our 1st Christmas.  And of course, I go with a sunburn. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like something good that you can't have just one of. Yeah, I'll go with that.