Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Anatomy of a Weekend: This and Last

Wow, did it take a long time to get on here tonight. I don't just mean tonight though, but in general, it's taking awhile for me to put the computer in my lap and type.  I blame it partly on my slow computer, which hasn't worked the same since May, and my job which has consumed my life since May. 

You may not realize this, but having this blog really makes my day better.  I hope it makes your day better too in a way.  When I don't write for awhile, it's the same as if I stopped taking important medicine or started sleeping for only 4 hrs a night.  It catches up and I end up feeling crappy.  Because life is so busy, I have to carve out time and lecture myself into writing, because it's good for me. 


I was going to write "someday life won't be so busy" but that's not true.  It will always be something, so there. 



I'm going to stick with the AOW thing.  Although, my iPhone does not download pictures onto the computer easily now.  Hopefully I will figure it out the end of this post. 


Our weekends have been summed up in two words: crappy weather.  Last weekend it was Irene, and this weekend it was humidity that you could cut with a butter knife.  I like the hurricane much better.  It didn't hit hard here, infact the rainy weather that we're having today thru Friday is going to cause more damage.  But, it was interesting to go through my first hurricane.  Especially when we had an earthquake before that. 

Now, as a seasoned Washingtonian, I've been through my fair share of earthquakes.  Some small, some major, some just enough for me to lose my balance.  Down some stairs.  Holding a two year old. 



But, that's not important.  The important part is I'm starting to see Washington here.  In fact, there are moments when I forget where I am.  This rain has been enchanting, almost like a preparation rain.  The way it smell and the way it clinks against the gutters makes me think that I am home.  And then I remember that in a couple of weeks I will be and then life will never be the same. 

It's doing it right now and the little water vapors are coming in through the screen.  Most people are complaining about this right now in Central Pennsylvania, but I am rejoicing.  Fall has officially arrived. 



I still haven't figured out the pictures yet. 

Which kind of makes this post moot. 


So, here's a picture from last September.






I don't have dahlias like that this year.  Stay tuned to find out why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like something good that you can't have just one of. Yeah, I'll go with that.